Pool heater fire dam­ages home

Times Chronicle & Public Spirit - - NEWS - By Dig­i­tal First Me­dia staff

CHEL­TENHAM » A fire started by a pool heater dam­aged a home in the unit block of Beryl Road June 9.

Fire­fight­ers re­sponded to a call at 5:48 p.m. after res­i­dents of the home smelled and saw smoke com­ing from a wall for a pool heater, Chel­tenham Fire Mar­shal Joe O’Neill said.

“It looks like the vent for the pool heater heated up and ig­nited com­bustible mem­bers,” he said.

Fire­fight­ers had to break into the wall to the out­side to en­sure the fire didn’t spread, O’Neill said.

The fire was un­der con­trol by 6:15 p.m., and no one was in­jured, he said.

The home suf­fered sig­nif­i­cant dam­age from the fire and smoke, he said.

Chel­tenham, Elkins Park, Ogontz and McKin­ley fire com­pa­nies re­sponded to the scene.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from USA

© PressReader. All rights reserved.