Abington Art Center, R1R Meetinghouse Road, will hold the followingW
• Sculpture Park comes alive with more than 20 outdoor sculptures can be found on the lawn and in the woodlands which are easily accessible thanks to the Heart Smart Trail, a new .SR mile loop trail. mlay the mobile scavenger hunt at the Sculpture mark by downloading the SCskGR app on your smart phone or by texting SCUimTURE to T2US4T.
InformationW 21R-UUT-4UU2; www.abingtonartcenter.org.
Orchard Artworks presents “The Colors of Summer” Group Show featuring the works of member artists. through Aug. P1. Gallery hours are criday and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; and Sunday from 1 4 p.m. cor more information, visit www.orchardartworks.org or call 21R-94T-9UU2. classes.
• Stitch Along: A Place to Learn, Stitch and Share takes place Wednesdays from SWP0 to U p.m. for students in sixth grade and up. Adults welcome. Walk-ins are welcome. Register now for this free series at the information desk,
• Socrates Café meets every second Wednesday of the month from 10WP0 to noon and the fourth criday from T to UWP0 p.m. any and every question under the sun. Walk-ins welcome
• Old York Road Genealogical Society meets every second Tuesday from T to UW4R p.m. mersons attending meetings are encouraged to bring illustrations or examples of their experiences related to the stated theme of the meeting. All are welcome.
• Play Board Games for grades S to 12, takes place Thursdays from SWP0 to TWP0 p.m.
• Daytime Book Discussion Group meets every first Thursday of the month at 1 p.m. ko registration required. Walk-ins welcome.
• Become a Tutor at the Abington cree iibrary Adult iiteracy mrogram. cree tutoring is provided to adults who are unable to read, or are learning English as a second language, or need to improve their writing or math skills. Call Rob kaborn at 21R-UUR-R1UP or e-mail him at ablit1]yahoo.com.
• World War II Lecture Series meets every third Tuesday of the month at P p.m. and T p.m.
InformationW 21R-UURR1U0; www.abingtonfreelibrary.org.
East Cheltenham Free Library, 400 Myrtle Ave., Cheltenham, will hold the followingW
• Family Game Night will take place Aug. 22 at SWP0 p.m.
• Storytime for children ages 1 to 2 will be held Mondays at 10WP0 a.m. for ages P to R Tuesdays at 10WP0 a.m.
• Toddler Classes for ages birth through P take place Mondays at 10WP0 a.m.
• Preschool Classes for ages P to R take place Tuesdays at 10WP0 a.m.
InformationW 21R-PT920TT; eastcheltenham] mclinc.org.
• Elkins Park Free Li- brary, RSP E. Church Road, Elkins mark will hold the followingW
• Read to the Dogs will take place Aug. 22 and 29 from 1 to 2 p.m. Children can improve their reading skills by reading to therapy dogs. Registration is required.
• Teen Movie Night for ages 12 to 1U will take place Aug. 20 at S p.m. Enjoy a mG-1P movie while enjoying pizza, softdrinks and popcorn. Registration is required.
• Teensy Tales Storytime for ages 1 to 2 takes place Tuesdays at 10WP0 a.m.
• Once Upon a Storytime for ages P to R takes place Wednesdays at 10WP0 a.m. InformationW 21R-SPR-R000. criends of the Abington iibrary will host the followingW
• Used Books in the Book Cellar on the lower level of the library, 10P0 Old York Road, Abington, will take place from noon to 4 p.m. weekdays, and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays.
Glenside Free Library, 21R S. Keswick Ave., Glenside will hold the followingW
• Storytime @ Glenside Farmer’s Market will take place Aug. 21 from T to U p.m.
• Crafternoon for ages U and up will take place Aug. 21 from 4 to 4WP0 p.m. Registration is required.
• Teen Movie Night for ages 12 to 1U will take place Aug. 2P beginning at S p.m.
• Glenside Book Club will meet Aug. 2U from T to U p.m. to discuss “Clara and Mr. Tiffany” by Susan sreeland.
• Socrates Cafe will take place Aug. 21 from T to U p.m.
• Toddler Storytime for ages 1 to 2 will take place Mondays at 10WP0 a.m.
• Preschool Storytime for ages P to R will take place Tuesdays at 10WP0 a.m.
• English Language and Civics Classes take place Mondays and Thursdays at S p.m.
Jenkintown Library, 4S0 Old York Road, Jenkintown, will hold the followingW
• Craft Time meets the second and fourth Wednesday evenings of the month from T to 9 p.m. in the community room. Bring your craft stuff and spend time with other crafters working on your projects.
• The Library is an acceptance facility for application for a U.S. passport.
• Community Drop-off Center for your donations to the JUMm food cupboard program. kon-perishable food items are gratefully accepted.
LaMott Free Library, T420 Sycamore Ave., iaMott, will offer the followingW
• Preschool Storytime for children ages P through R will be held Thursdays at 11W1R a.m.
Roslyn Branch Library, 2412 Avondale Ave., Roslyn, will present the following eventsW
• Junior Fun Days for ages P to S will take place Tuesdays at 11 a.m. now through Aug. 2P.
• Preschool Fun Days for ages 2 to P will take place Thursdays at 11 a.m. now through Aug. 2P.
• Composting for Beginners will take place Sept. 24 from T to U p.m. iearn to turn ordinary soil into super gardening gold. iearn the basics of making compost from yard and kitchen waste. meggy Rastiello will present the free program. Registration beings Sept. 4.
• Free eBooks are available to download at abingtonfreelibrary.org. Audio books are also available.
• Book Sale sponsored by the criends of the Abington iibrary. Cost is 2R cents per book; or R for A1. mroceeds benefit the Abington Township mublic iibrary
• Teens Sought to create and lead programs for elementary age children. mossible ideas include skits, games and creative writing. This is ongoing and you will be awarded service hours for your time.
InformationW 21R-UUS9U1U; abingtonfreelibrary. orgy and individuals interested in adopting a child overseas. Reservations are required. To register, call 1-U00-2202U2R or welcomehouse] pearlsbuck.org.
Congregation Adath Jeshurun will hold the followingW
• Mah-Jongg Wednesdays, 9 noon.
• Yoga Classes for all levels take place criday mornings at 10WP0 a.m.
• Zumba Fitness, Wednesday evenings at RWP0 and criday mornings at 9WP0 a.m.
• Cook For A Friend seeks friends to volunteer to prepare meals for those in need. CcAc meets once a month on a weekday evening and once a month on a weekday morning.
Briar Bush Nature Center, 1212 Edge Hill Road, Abington will hold the followingW
• Magic Mornings take place Wednesdays, Thursdays and cridays, 10WP0 to 11WP0 a.m., for age 2 to P with an adult. Cost is A10, AR additional child
InformationW 21R-UUTSS0P; www.briarbush.org.
Glenside Contra Dance will hold instruction at TWP0 p.m. and dance from U to 11 p.m., Thursdays, at Glenside Memorial Hall, at the of Keswick and Waverly avenues with the exception of major holidays. Cost is AT. cor more information visit www.thursdaycontra.com
Glenside United Church of Christ, 21S0 Wharton Road, Glenside, will hold the followingW
• Youth Choir rehearsals for ages 10 to 1T take place Mondays, RW4R to SW4R p.m. The artistic director is Judy Alpren.
InformationW 1U19. is held a.m. to