HV Fire Company hosting open house
The Huntingdon Valley Fire Company No. 1 will be hosting its annual Fire Prevention Week open house Oct. 13 from 11a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Huntingdon Valley Fire Company, 636 Red Lion Road, Huntingdon Valley.
Special exhibits for the open house include:
• 9HKLFOH H[WULFDWLRn GHPRnVWUDWLRn: )LUHfiJKWers will demonstrate how a victim is removed from a vehicle after an accident using the Jaws Of Life and other tools.
• 6HDUFK DnG 5HVFuH: Philadelphia Area Search and Rescue will have their search and rescue dogs in attendance.
• 5RSH UHVFuH DnG UHSHOOLnJ: )LUHfiJKWHUV wLOO JuLGH hands-on demonstrations on repelling, using rescue rope, along with live high angle repelling demonstrations.
• HDnGV-Rn GHPRnVWUDWLRn Rn KRw WR fiJKW fiUHV: 8VLnJ KDy DnG WDUJHW VLPuODWRUV, fiUHfiJKWers will guide hands-on demonstrations on how WR SuW RuW fiUHV.
• 6PRNH-KRuVH VLPuODWRU: )LUHfiJKWHUV wLOO uVH D Smoke-House Simulator WR GHPRnVWUDWH KRw fiUH and smoke act in an enclosed room and what to do if this condition exists.
• 911 VLPuODWRU: Hands-on demonstration using a 911 simulator on how to escape a house fiUH.
Join us as we welcome Sparky the Fire Dog, who drives around in KLV fiUH WUuFN WR JUHHW WKH guests.
Other exhibits including videos, inspection of WKH fiUH FRPSDny’s other fiUH WUuFNV, DnG uVHIuO fiUH prevention information will be held. Refreshments will be available. Food provided by Village Italian Bistro of Hatboro.
For further informaWLRn, YLVLW www.KYfiUH. org, or call 215-9472454.