AARP Mid-Shore Tax-Aide sites set to open for 2016 tax season
— The AARP MidShore Tax-Aide program will operate from thru April 17 at several times and locations.
AARP Tax-Aide is the nation’s largest, free volunteerrun tax assistance service. It is offered to low- and moderate-income taxpayers with special attention to those age 60 and older.
The program’s volunteers assist with filing Form 1040 and standard Schedule A, B,C — within limits — and Schedule D. Taxpayers should bring a copy of their 2016 federal and state individual income tax returns, 2016 Form W-2, 1099, 1098 and Schedule K-1, if you receive one, along with documents that show tax-deduct- ible expenses.
In addition to these documents, bring proof of identity, which can include a state-issued driver’s license or state-issued identity card and social security card, for all exemptions and dependents. All social security cards must be original documents. No photocopies will be accepted.
Additionally, bring information on health care coverage for you, your spouse and all dependents. If you did not have health care coverage for the full year, bring information on what months you had coverage. If you purchased insurance from a marketplace or exchange, bring Form 1095A, B or C. Bring any health care ex- emptions received from the IRS or marketplace, as well.
Mid-Shore Tax-Aide Sites are located in Caroline, Kent, Queen Anne’s and Talbot counties.
In Caroline County, there are three sites:
• The Denton library. Call 410-479-1343 to set up an appointment between 4 and 7 p.m. Mondays, or noon and 3 p.m. Tuesdays.
• The Federalsburg librar y. Call 410-754-8397 to set up an appointment between noon and 4:30 p.m. Mondays.
• The Greensboro library. Call 410-482-2173 to set up an appointment between 3:30 and 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays.
In Kent County, there are two sites:
• The Kent County librar y in Chestertown. Call 410778-2564 to set up an appointment between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Thursdays.
• The Amy Lynn Ferris Adult Activity Center in Chestertown. Call 410-7782564 to set up an appointment between 9 a.m. and noon Saturdays.
In Queen Anne’s County, there are two sites:
• The Kramer Center in Centreville. Call 410-7580848 to set up an appointment between 9:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. Fridays.
• The Grasonville Senior Center. Call 410-827-6010 to set up an appointment between 9:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. Tuesdays.
In Talbot County, there are three sites:
• The Talbot Senior Center in Easton. Call 410822-2869 to set up an appointment between 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Thursdays, or 10:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. Fridays.• The Oxford Municipal Building. Call 410-226-5122 to set up an appointment between 9:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Thursdays.
• The St. Michaels librar y. Call 410-745-6937 to set up an appointment between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. Fridays.