Treasure Hunt on Horseback! Join Our Labor Day Event
Hosted by The Trail Rider and US Rider ® • Labor Day Weekend 2016
Saddle Up and Hunt for Hidden Treasure!
Equicaching is geocaching on horseback — finding hidden geocaches using GPS coordinates. (See “Treasure Hunt: Equicaching” on page 26.)
Here’s how to participate:
• Sign up. To sign up for the Equicaching Event & Giveaway, go to TrailRider Mag.com/Equicaching. Deadline is September 1, 2016.
• Locate geocache coordinates.
Go to Geocaching.com to find the GPS coordinates of a geocache that’s been hidden near your home trails or your chosen riding destination.
• Go equicaching! On Labor Day Weekend, from September 3 through September 5, 2016, head out on horseback to find your chosen geocache.
• Sign the log, and take a photo.
When you find a geocache, sign and date the log. Then photograph your log entry. Also note your find on Geocaching.com.
• E-mail us your log entry. E-mail the photo of your geocache log entry and your full name to René Riley, editor of The Trail Rider, rriley@ aimmedia.com. Be sure to put “Equicaching” in the subject line. Deadline for sending us your log entry is 12:00 midnight, Mountain Time, September 10, 2016.
• Share. Share your equicaching experiences and photos on Facebook pages of The Trail Rider and USRider.
• Cross your fingers. On Friday, September 30, 2016, we’ll hold a random drawing of the names of everyone who finds a geocache. For first through sixth place, we’ll give away cool prizes from our generous sponsors, including a Weaver Leather Canvas Bottom Felt Pad, Outfitters Supply TrailMax 500 Series Deluxe Five-Piece Saddle System, and a Dr. Cook Bitless Bridle — plus, USRider
® Equestrian Motor Plan memberships, The Trail Rider subscriptions, and best-selling books from www. EquineNetworkStore.com!