OLD WORLD CHARM 5 WAYS YOU CAN HINT AT EUROPEAN GRANDEUR IN YOUR HOME
1. Upgrade a plain newel post on your staircase to be a carved masterpiece that will bring an instant feeling of Old World charm. You can pick up carved newels from salvage yards.
2. Add ornate lincrusta panels to your lower wall in a hallway or another area that sees a lot of foot traffic. Cap this off with a dado rail to create a pretty feature.
3. Before the invention of pneumatic carpet nailers, metal rods held the carpet to the stairs. Put these classic features on your stairs to create a charming look.
4. During WWI, doorknobs were made in glass because there was a shortage of metal. You can get beautiful glass knobs today and create the same effect in your own home.
5. Light switches don’t have to be plain white and plastic. Buy decorative
metal plates with switches to give your home a more luxurious feel.
GIVE A NEW HOUSE