Mark Your Calendar
• Veterans of Foreign Wars, VFW Post 12122, located behind Kona Locksmith off Kaiwi Street, $7 Friday meal will be pasta, salad and desert with service from 5-7 p.m. Info: Don Zero at (509) 879-1040.
• 6:45 a.m. Ironman World Championship in Kona, from Hawi to Kailua-Kona. All day.
• American Legion Kona Post 20 Adopt-a-Highway trash pick-up, starting 6 a.m. at the Puapuanui Street entrance of the Pualani Estates on Queen Kaahumanu Highway. Info: Post 20 Commander Jim Hussey, (808) 4644341 or (706) 589-0387.
• Free workshop on attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, 9 a.m. to noon at Kanu o ka Aina New Century Public Charter School, 64-1043 Hiiaka St., Waimea. Learn the facts and characteristics of ADHD, how a diagnosis is made, treatment options, and educational interventions. Register online at hawaiilearningresource.org or at 885-9318.
• Kona Community Hospital Auxiliary will hold its monthly board meeting at 12:30 p.m. in Conference Room 1. All members and any persons interested in becoming a volunteer are invited to attend. Info: KCHAuxiliary@hotmail.com or visit KCHAuxiliary.org
• The Big Island Workplace Connection will also be hosting a Job Readiness Workshop from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. at Aunty Sally’s Luau Hale. Info: Chasity at 961-8379.
• Kona Community Hospital Cancer Treatment Center is launching a breast cancer support group from 6–7 p.m. at Kona Community Hospital’s administration building in the first floor conference room 2. Meetings will be held each third Wednesday monthly. Info: KCH Cancer Center, 322-6957.
• Kona- Kohala Chamber of Commerce After Hours, 5-7 p.m. at the Sustainable Island Products showroom, 73-5568 Kauhola St. Drinks and pupus created by Chef Felix of Island Naturals, tour of new facilities, chamber updates and networking opportunities. Registration and prepayment required, $30, or $15 for chamber members and first-time non-members. Register at www. kona- kohala. com. Info: 329-1758 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Kona Community Hospital Cancer Treatment Center is launching a breast cancer support group, 6-7 p.m. in the hospital’s administration building in the first floor conference room 2. Info: 322-6957.
• Kupuna Singles at Fish Hopper, breakfast at 9 a.m. Info: 443-3892.
• Mele O Kona, a prospective chorus of Sweet Adelines International, is looking for women of all ages who love to sing! Rehearsal 6–8 p.m. Wednesdays at The Regency at Hualalai above Kuakini Highway, 75-181 Hualalai Road, by the poolside area. No musical knowledge or ability to read music is required. Info: Linda Rowand, 464- 6135 or Barbara Cushman, 937-4518.