Mark Your Calendar
• Kupuna Singles at Orchid Thai, dinner (BYOB), 5:30 p.m. Info: 339-7397.
• The Kona Community Hospital (KCH) Cancer Support Group will be holding its monthly meeting 6–7 p.m. in Kona Community Hospital’s Administration Building in the first floor conference room 2. KCH Cancer Treatment Center Medical Oncologist, Dr. Donald W. Hill will be discussing “The Uncertainty of Cancer.” Info: 322-6957.
• Sunscreen pollution and the threat to Hawaii’s coral reefs, a presentation by environmental forensics expert Craig Downs, at NELHA Visitors Gateway Center, 6-7:30 p.m. Doors open at 5:30 p.m.
• National Active and Retired Federal Employees (NARFE) Kailua-Kona Chapter 1802 meeting will be held at 11 a.m. at Mai Grill, Waikoloa Beach. NARFE members and guests are welcome. Info: (208) 870-5126
• Kailua-Kona Library will host Andrea Pro, certified nonviolent communication coach, 5:30 p.m. Free to the public. Info: 327-4327.
• Hear about the County’s Multi Modal Transportation Plan. Less congestion makes it safe for bicyclists; PATH meeting, 4:30-6 p.m. at the Hawaii Gateway Energy Center at NELHA
• Soroptimist International of Kona meeting at West Hawaii Community Health Center conference room, 5:30-7 p.m. Non-members are welcome, please RSVP to Paula Wilson at 329-3403.
• The Kona Community Hospital Breast Cancer Support Group will meet from 6–7 p.m. The meeting is held in Kona Community Hospital’s Administration Building in the first floor conference room 2. It will be facilitated by functional medicine practitioner and survivor, Deborah Beaumont, APRN. Info: 322-6597.
• Kealakekua Public Library presents Clear Englebert discussing feng shui in the bedroom, 5:30-6:30 p.m. Englebert will address the various details such as color, texture, lighting, and artwork that help a bedroom support sound sleep. Info: 323-7585.
• Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce’s networking event, AfterHours, hosted by Kings’ Shops 5-7 p.m., 69-250 Waikoloa Beach Drive. General admission is $30; $15 for chamber members.
• The Brain Injury Support group will be meeting, 6-8 p.m. at Hawaiian Rehab Services, mauka of the Hawaii Community Federal Credit Union on Hualalai Street. Speaker Raina Tagaki is a Medicare consultant with Premier Benefit. It is Medicare open enrollment season. Do you have questions about your health care benefits? Info: 329-0591 or Karen Klemme RN at 896-2962.
• Mele O Kona, a prospective chorus of Sweet Adelines International, is looking for women of all ages who love to sing! Rehearsal Wednesdays at The Regency at Hualalai, 75-181 Hualalai Road 6-8 p.m. Info: Linda Rowand, 464-6135 or Barbara Cushman, 937-4518. Keep in every Wednesday
• Rotary Club of Kona Sunrise presents guest speaker Command Sgt. Maj. James “Jim” Kaapuni Hussey, Jr. (US Army Retired), commander of Kailua-Kona American Legion Post 20. Meeting at 7 a.m. above Humpy’s. Info: Donna Urban-Higuchi at 938-5137.
The Kona Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Center is holding its monthly support group meeting on Thursday, November 16 from 5:30– 7 p.m. The meeting is held at Alii Health Center’s surgical services offices, suite 422. The bariatric and weight loss support group is facilitated by program coordinator, Maria Oka, APRN. Meetings are held on the third Thursday of every month. Info: 747-8321 Option #2.
• What Can Hawaii learn from Puerto Rico? West Hawaii Community Forum, West Hawaii Civic Center, 6-8 pm. Experts will explore plans and options for addressing the fragility of
island living, its vulnerabilities to emergencies, disasters, and supply-chain disruptions.
• Hawaii Statewide Aquaculture Industry Summit at NELHA: The future of Hawaii’s blue economy, West Hawaii SBDC, 73-970 Makako Bay Drive, Kailua-Kona.
• Kawaihae Canoe Club is hosting its 23rd Annual Luau, Kawaihae Small Boat Harbor, 5:30 p.m. Pre-sale adult tickets are $ 40, kids, $2o. Info: Debbie, 9374700 or Izzy 987-2819.
• Kona Mauka Rotary will be hosting a Palettes for Polio: an artistic fundraiser at Runley’s Art and Frame Gallery in the Courtyard Marriott King Kamehameha Hotel, 5-7 p.m., Info: Laura Kniffin at 854-9075 or email@example.com
• Hali’a Ka Nani Holuku Ball, 6:30—9:30 p.m. Kumu Hula Keala Ching and Na Wai Puna o Kona will hosting An
Evening of Elegance at the Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay. $50 includes Alii Keanaaina concert. Info: www.emauanakahula.org
• Yoga of Mindful Touch, 1-4 p.m. at The New Thought Center, 81-6587 Mamalahoa Highway C302, Pualani Terrace in Kealakekua. Benefit
for Pacific Artwaves. Info: Marya Mann 345-0050
• Blood Bank of Hawaii blood drive at LDS Hilo - Cultural Hall 8:45 a.m.- 2:15 p.m. Info: 848-4770 or visit BBH.org.
• Kona Community Hospital Auxiliary monthly board meeting, 12:30 p.m., Conference Room 1. Bake sale Friday morning, funds raised go to the nursing scholarship fund. Info: KCHAuxiliary@hotmail.com or KCHAuxiliary.org.
• Blood Bank of Hawaii blood drive at Aunty Sally Kaleohano’s Luau Hale - Main Room 7:30 am- 5 p.m. Info: (808) 8484770 or visit BBH.org.
• 16th Annual Thanksgiving Interfaith Concert will take place at the St. Michael’s Catholic Church on 75-5769 Alii Drive, featuring performances of 12 different faith groups from Kona, 6:30 pm.