Mark your calendar
• Kupuna Singles at Orchid Thai, dinner (BYOB), 5:30 p.m. Info: 339-7397.
• The Kona Community Hospital (KCH) Cancer Support Group will be holding its monthly meeting 6–7 p.m. in Kona Community Hospital’s Administration Building in the first floor conference room 2. KCH Cancer Treatment Center Medical Oncologist, Dr. Donald W. Hill will be discussing “The Uncertainty of Cancer.” Info: 322-6957.
• Sunscreen pollution and the threat to Hawaii’s coral reefs, a presentation by environmental forensics expert Craig Downs, at NELHA Visitors Gateway Center, 6-7:30 p.m. Doors open at 5:30 p.m.
• National Active and Retired Federal Employees (NARFE) Kailua-Kona Chapter 1802 meeting will be held at 11 a.m. at Mai Grill, Waikoloa Beach. NARFE members and guests are welcome. Info: (208) 870-5126
• Kailua-Kona Library will host Andrea Pro, certified nonviolent communication coach, 5:30 p.m. Free. Info: 327-4327.
• Hear about the County’s Multi Modal Transportation Plan. Less congestion makes it safe for bicyclists; PATH meeting, 4:30-6 p.m. at the Hawaii Gateway Energy Center at NELHA
• Soroptimist International of Kona meeting at West Hawaii Community Health Center conference room, 5:30-7 p.m. Nonmembers are welcome, RSVP to Paula Wilson at 329-3403.
• The Kona Community Hospital Breast Cancer Support Group will meet from 6–7 p.m. The meeting is held in the hospital’s Administration Building in the first floor conference room 2. It will be facilitated by functional medicine practitioner and survivor, Deborah Beaumont, APRN. Info: 322-6597.
• Kealakekua Public Library presents Clear Englebert discussing feng shui in the bedroom, 5:306:30 p.m. Englebert will address the various details such as color, texture, lighting, and artwork that help a bedroom support sound sleep. Info: 323-7585.
• Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce’s networking event, AfterHours, hosted by Kings’ Shops 5-7 p.m., 69-250 Waikoloa Beach Drive. General admission is $30; $15 for chamber members.
• The Brain Injury Support group will meet 6-8 p.m. at Hawaiian Rehab Services on Hualalai Road. Speaker Raina Tagaki is a Medicare consultant with Premier Benefit. It is Medicare open enrollment season. Info: 329-0591 or Karen Klemme RN at 896-2962.
• Mele O Kona, a prospective chorus of Sweet Adelines International, is looking for women of all ages who love to sing. Rehearsal is Wednesdays at The Regency at Hualalai, 75-181 Hualalai Road 6-8 p.m. Info: Linda Rowand, 464-6135 or Barbara Cushman, 937-4518.
• Rotary Club of Kona Sunrise presents guest speaker Command Sgt. Maj. James “Jim” Kaapuni Hussey, Jr. (US Army retired), commander of Kailua-Kona American Legion Post 20. Meeting at 7 a.m. at Humpy’s. Info: Donna Urban-Higuchi at 938-5137.
• The Kona Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Center is holding its monthly support group meeting from 5:30-7 p.m. The meeting is held at Alii Health Center’s surgical services offices, suite 422. The bariatric and weight loss support group is facilitated by program coordinator, Maria Oka, APRN. Meetings are held on the third Thursday of every month. Info: 747-8321 Option #2.
• What Can Hawaii learn from Puerto Rico? West Hawaii Community Forum, West Hawaii Civic Center, 6-8 pm. Experts will explore plans and options for addressing the fragility of island living, its vulnerabilities to emergencies, disasters, and supply-chain disruptions.
• Hawaii Statewide Aquaculture Industry Summit at NELHA: The future of Hawaii’s blue economy, West Hawaii SBDC, 73-970 Makako Bay Drive, Kailua-Kona.
• Veterans of Foreign Wars, VFW Post 12122, located behind Kona Locksmith off Kaiwi Street, $7 supper will be adobo chicken, rice, veggie, salad and desert with service from 5-7 p.m. The VFW Auxiliary will conduct their monthly meeting on Saturday starting at 10:3 a .m. Info: Don Zero at (509) 879-1040.
• Kawaihae Canoe Club is hosting its 23rd annual Luau, Kawaihae Small Boat Harbor, 5:30 p.m. Pre-sale adult tickets are $40, kids, $20. Info: Debbie, 9374700 or Izzy 987-2819.
• Kona Mauka Rotary will be hosting a Palettes for Polio: an artistic fundraiser at Rumley’s Art and Frame Gallery in the Courtyard Marriott King Kamehameha’s Kona Beach Hotel, 5-7 p.m., Info: Laura Kniffin at 854-9075 or email@example.com
• Halia Ka Nani Holuku Ball, 6:30-9:30 p.m. Kumu Hula Keala Ching and Na Wai Puna o Kona will hosting An Evening of Elegance at the Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay. $50 includes Alii Keanaaina concert. Info: www.emauanakahula.org
• Yoga of Mindful Touch, 1-4 p.m. at The New Thought Center, 81-6587 Mamalahoa Highway C-302, Pualani Terrace in Kealakekua. Benefit for Pacific Artwaves. Info: Marya Mann 345-0050
• Villages of Laiopua Community Association Community-wide Garage Sale Saturday and Sunday, 8 a.m.- 3 p.m. Info: Bo Kahui at 896-2252.
• Villages of Laiopua Community Association Community-wide Garage Sale. 8 a.m.- 3 p.m. Info: Bo Kahui at 896-2252.