Senior Manager, Deloitte Consulting LLP Huntingtown, MD
Mom of Brock, 4, and Jace, 1
“Here are the guiding principles I share with other women for how I navigate my own sense of well-being through work and other priorities:
• Block your calendar— whether it’s to be home in time for dinner or to chaperone a field trip to the zoo, quality time with family needs to be a priority.
• Be transparent—set expectations with your team around when you will be available because predictability is a way to promote trust.
• Feel comfortable taking the full 16 weeks of leave provided through Deloitte’s Paid Family Leave Plan—that time spent bonding with your child(ren) can be priceless.
• Work efficiently—if you can, shift movable meetings to secure time for dedicated work.
• And finally, lean in (when you can)—taking on that extra task at work can help strengthen your role as a team player and can help to make the conversations around predictability and flexibility that much easier.”