37: Percentage of lawyers who are female.
Culhane Meadows New York, NY Managing Partner and Chief Operating Officer Kelly Culhane Managing Partner and Chief Technology Officer Heather Haughian
• About 95 percent of attorneys work on the road or remotely.
• Forty-two percent of lawyers are female.
Davis Wright Tremaine Seattle, WA Managing Partner Jeffrey Gray Equity Partner, Diversity and Inclusion Chair Portia Moore
• More than 70 women attorneys participate in Peer Mentoring Circles, exposing them to attorneys of different backgrounds and interests.
• Fifty-three percent of newly hired attorneys are female.
Debevoise & Plimpton New York, NY Presiding Partner Michael Blair Co-chairs Women’s Resource
Group Courtney Dankworth and Jen Chu
• The Women’s Task Force commissioned a survey of women alum to examine their experiences to improve retention of high-performing women associates.
• Fifty-four percent of U.S. associates and 22 percent of partners are women.
Dechert Philadelphia, PA CEO Henry Nassau
Co-chair Global Women’s
Initiative Abbi Cohen
• New mothers are invited to work with career counselors and executive coaches to support transition before and after welcoming a new child.
• Fifty percent of newly promoted partners are women.
Dentons US Washington, DC CEO Mike McNamara
Co-chair Christina Carroll
• The gender-neutral parental-leave policy gives all lawyers and professionals 26 weeks off, with up to 18 weeks at full pay.
• Preparing for Rain pilot program started in 2017, focusing on the rainmaking skills of women in the five years leading up to and right after becoming partner.
DLA Piper New York, NY Managing Partner Stasia Kelly Partners and Co-chairs
of LAW Stefanie Fogel and Lisa Haile
• A Parent Career Coaching program was introduced for all employees, providing one-onone coaching before, during or after parental leave.
• More than 21 percent of partners and almost
40 percent of sector/industry leaders are women.
Dorsey & Whitney Minneapolis, MN Managing Partner Ken Cutler
Partner, Women’s Attorney
Group Co-chair Beth Forsythe
• Twelve percent of women partners have reduced schedules.
• In October, the Women Attorneys with Children group sponsored the Finding Success as a Working Parent program.
Drinker Biddle & Reath Philadelphia, PA Chairman and CEO Andrew C. Kassner Partners and Co-chairs, Women’s Leadership Committee Lynne Anne Anderson and Jennifer R. Breuer
• Six of 12 elected managing partners are women, up from four the previous fiscal year.
• The Parental Leave Mentoring
Toolkit was published in 2017, a one-stop guide to the firm’s parental- and family-leave benefits.
Duane Morris Philadelphia, PA Chairman and CEO Matthew Taylor Partner and Chair, Women’s Impact Network for Success Sandra Jeskie
• Thirty-eight partners volunteer for Personal Business Development Coaching, for female attorneys wanting to escalate their business generation.
• Sixteen weeks paid leave is provided for birth or adoption.
Faegre Baker Daniels Chicago, IL Chairman and Managing Partner Tom Froehle
Director of Diversity and
Inclusion Brita Horvath
• In 2017, unlimited personal discretionary time was implemented for staff attorneys, associates and counsel.
• Women’s Forum leadership succession plan is open and transparent. All lawyers receive details about opportunities and the nomination and selection processes.
Fenwick & West Mountain View, CA Managing Partner Rodger Cole Partner, Litigation Group
• The Transition Mentor Program launched in 2017, with attorneys on maternity leave choosing partner-transition and associate-transition mentors.
• The Parents Affinity Group started in 2017, with a Reduced Hours Attorney Lunch Group.
Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner Washington, DC Managing Partner Mark Sweet Partner, Women’s Forum Chair Jill MacAlpine
• The female attorney attrition rate has been lower than the male attorney attrition rate for the past four years.
• Two of four U.S. regional offices are led by female managing partners.
Fish & Richardson Boston, MA President and CEO Peter Devlin Principal and Chair EMPOWER Terese Lavoie
• Women are 50 percent of the attorneys promoted to equity partner and 45 percent promoted to non-equity partner.
• An infant-care transition program and up to 20 days per year backup childcare resources are provided.