Sun Lijie: China Will Not Sacrifice Others’ Interests for Its Own Development
On the successful completion of the XIX Congress of the Communist Party of the People’s Republic of China and the re-election of Xi Jinping to the post of General Secretary of the Central Committee of the CPC, has told us the head of the PRC diplomatic mission in Uzbekistan, Sun Lijie.
- Commenting on the XIX Congress of the CPC, experts say that the generation of Chinese ‘Pentecostals’ have consolidated power in the country for at least the next five years under the slogan “the entry of socialism with a Chinese face into a new era.” What does this mean?
- Indeed, the congress was an exceptional meeting that took place at the crucial stage of the full construction of a moderately prosperous society and determined the key period of the introduction of socialism with Chinese characteristics in a new era. It has historical significance in the development of the CPC, China and the entire Chinese people. It outlined strategies and an action program for the development of the CPC and the country for the coming years.
- And what is the main political result of the Congress?
- The most important political results of the congress are the further strengthening of Xi Jinping’s status as the leading core of the CPC, the election of a new Politburo and its Standing Committee.
The most important theoretical results of the congress are the assertion of Xi Jinping’s idea of the introduction of socialism with Chinese characteristics in a new era and the new development of Sinicization of Marxism, which give a powerful ideological weapon for achieving the ‘two centuries’ goals.
The most important practical value is the comprehensive planning of the roadmap and the schedule for building a modernized socialist state until the middle of this century. This is the main guide to action for the realization of the revival of the Chinese nation.
The most important result for the outside world is the expansion of the approaches of the developing countries of the world towards modernization and prosperity.
- Experts say that Xi Jinping’s speech was meaningful and comprehensive. Can you identify the key points of his report?
- First, the report sums up the historical transformations of China over the past five years: China's economy has received a stable and healthy development; in the practice of comprehensive deepening of reforms, a breakthrough has taken place, all spheres are covered by reforms; the well-being of the people has grown; ecocivilizational
China’s contribution to the growth of world economy has exceeded 30%. In 2016, the PRC’s foreign trade reached 3 trillion 680 billion US dollars. construction has yielded significant results; the openness to the outside world is deepening.
Second, the report sets ambitious goals: until 2020 to fully build a society of average prosperity. From 2020 to 2035, mainly carry out a socialist modernization. From 2035 to the middle of this century, to transform our country into a rich and powerful, democratic and civilized, modernized socialist state.
Third, Secretary-General Xi Jinping approved the principles and tasks that constitute the main content of the idea of the entry of socialism with Chinese characteristics in a new era.
Fourth, the Congress put forward the idea of the diplomacy of a great power with Chinese characteristics, which is designed to help create a new type of international relations and a community of the common destiny of mankind.
- The economic agenda of the Nineteenth Congress set a new time horizon for the Chinese economy. If earlier the latter developed within the framework of five-year plans, now the horizon of long-term planning is extended to 2025. In 2015, the PRC adopted a new program “Chinese product-2025”. What will be the main product in accordance with this program?
- As the main products in the program “Chinese product-2025” is considered a variety of production equipment. China has already launched a project of innovation in the field of highquality equipment, accelerated the implementation of such state scientific and technical projects, such as the creation of numerical control machines, aircraft engines and gas turbines, passenger airliners.
As the head of the Ministry of Industry and Information of the People’s Republic of China Miao Yu told during the congress, the leadership of the People’s Republic of China expects that enterprises from different countries will take part in the implementation of the program “Chinese product-2025”.
- Taking into account the role of the PRC as the second economy in the world and her permanent membership of the UN Security Council, playing an increasingly important role in the international arena, the Congress attracted great attention of the world community. What can the world expect from China?
- China will firmly continue the state policy of openness to the outside world. Actively stimulate international cooperation within the framework of the One-Belt-One-Road Initiative, with all the efforts to ensure political coordination, interconnectedness of infrastructure, uninterrupted trade, and free movement of capital and mutual rapprochement of peoples. To give new impulses to joint development, we will create new discussion platforms.
By the way, at the congress in the Charter of the CPC for the first time included the initiative “One Belt, One Road”. China’s open doors will not be closed, they will expand wider. China will stimulate the formation of a new architectonics of openness, focusing on the One-Belt-One-Road initiative, guided by the principle of “joint consulting, joint construction and sharing”, to expand openness and cooperation with all partners.
China will respect the right of peoples of all countries to choose independently, to defend equality and justice in international relations. We will oppose interference in the internal affairs of other countries, against the oppression of the weak by the
strong. China will by no means sacrifice the interests of other countries for its own development. Our development poses no threat to any state whatsoever. China will never claim the position of a hegemon, will never pursue an expansion policy. - What should Uzbekistan expect from cooperation with China?
- China and Uzbekistan are close neighbors and strategic partners. At present, Chinese-Uzbek relations are at the highest level in history. 2017 is of great importance in bilateral relations. The countries celebrate the 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations, which achieved fruitful results in all spheres.
At the beginning of the year, at the initiative of President Shavkat Mirziyoyev, Uzbekistan adopted the Strategy of Action for the five priority development directions in 2017-2021. This is a promising document, which opens wide opportunities for deepening practical cooperation with China. The spirit and objectives of the Strategy largely coincide with the priorities of Xi Jinping’s report at the XIX Congress of the CPC.
Uzbekistan is one of China's most important partners in the cooperation to build “One Belt, One Road”. China cherishes the time-honored friendship with Uzbekistan and is ready to further strengthen the integration of the development strategies of the two countries, expand friendly and mutually beneficial cooperation in all areas, for the benefit of our peoples to promote comprehensive strategic partnership. We are confident in the bright future of Chinese-Uzbek relations.