The Address by President Shavkat Mirziyoyev is extensively discussed both in Uzbekistan and abroad.
Nobuaki ITO, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Japan:
- President Shavkat Mirziyoyev for the first time delivered an Address to the Parliament of the country. In his speech, the head of state summed up the results of the outgoing year. During this period, tremendous work has been done in the political, economic and social spheres. In the Year of Dialogue with the People and of Human Interests, numerous problems of people were solved that addressed their questions to the President›s open reception rooms. As ambassador of my country in Uzbekistan, I am happy and proud that I have the opportunity to work with such a visionary head of state and I hope that next year the cooperation between our countries will be even more fruitful than in the outgoing one.
Ilgar VELIZADE, Head of the South Caucasus Club of political scientists:
- The creation of the virtual reception room of the President in Uzbekistan was an essential step on the way to the accessibility of power to the general public. This will allow to provide feedback between people living in various remote regions of the republic, and directly by the country›s top leadership. Such a measure allows real-time monitoring of the population›s reaction to the transformations taking place in the republic, to find out in which directions there are shortcomings and to correct them in a timely manner. Citizens, in turn, need to know that the country›s leadership is interested in their opinion and can take appropriate steps to support the initiatives of ordinary people. This demonstrates the dialogue between government and society, which is an indispensable condition for the development of democratic processes.
Vladimir TYURDENEV, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Russian Federation:
-The message of the President of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev to the parliament of the country is the key for politics, both at the moment and for the future. It is not for nothing that the head of the Uzbek state defined what the next year 2018 will be devoted to in this appeal. I think that supporting active entrepreneurship, innovative ideas and technologies is a very important choice.
I listened with great attention to the performance of Shavkat Mirziyoyev, he noted and recorded many things for himself. At the same time he drew attention to the fact that the positions of Russia and Uzbekistan are very similar in a number of significant moments, to which the leader of your country today focused attention.
I think that the speech of the President of Uzbekistan was interesting, emotional and, moreover, it was coming from a pure heart.
Jerzy MACULEWICZ, Bishop of the Roman Catholic Church in Uzbekistan:
- I am glad that today I had the opportunity to participate in such an important event in the history of Uzbekistan. President Shavkat Mirziyoyev talked about the work done for the year, as well as his vision of how the government and local governing bodies should work, so that in their work the interests of the people stand above all else.
In addition, the President also touched upon such an important issue as the education of children and youth. To this end, as the head of state emphasized, it is necessary to develop innovative technologies. Speaking about the country›s budget, the leader of Uzbekistan noted that the formation of the budget should take into account the interests and needs of the people. At the same time, it is necessary to develop the sphere of entrepreneurship in the country comprehensively, since the main monetary receipts to the country›s budget come from entrepreneurs.
Ibrahim ALIYEV, Editor-in-chief of Geostrategiya journal:
- Uzbekistan is one of the key states of Central Asia, possessing significant geopolitical and strategic capabilities. By the size of its territory and population, as well as its economic potential, your country occupies an important place in this space. Its importance and role in solving regional problems is enormous.
I closely follow the events taking place in Uzbekistan, as well as the successes in the implementation of reforms in various fields. I am deeply convinced that the current positive processes in the internal and foreign policy of the republic will become a solid foundation for strengthening the foundations of the country›s sustainable and dynamic development, as well as its attractiveness for foreign partners.
Khatamjon KETMONOV, Deputy Speaker of the lower house of parliament, head of the PDPU faction:
- Presented for the first time, the Address of the President of Uzbekistan to the Parliament is an important political event, followed with great interest and special attention by the people of Uzbekistan and the entire world community. This is a policy document for state and public organizations. Each member of the party, based on sound criticism, must first of all analyze his activities comprehensively, attaching importance to identifying aspects left out of sight.
A deputy or senator should not forget that he is primarily a representative of the people and is responsible to him. We must live with the concerns of the population, timely and adequately respond to developments in the country.
Kengashes of people›s deputies in the field should not deal with the delivery of empty reports containing only dry figures; they need to analyze the causes and conditions that generate shortcomings. The criterion for the work of local Kengashes should be effective and strict control over the execution of the budget. Deputies should contribute to reducing crime, creating jobs. As the head of our state noted, unfortunately, no districts, where the activities of the Kengash of people›s deputies are organized at the proper level. We are obliged to establish close ties with deputies on the ground, raise the quality of their work and ensure their real and weighty participation in the social and economic development of the territories.
Sergey SAMOYLOV, Member of the deputy faction from the Ecological Movement in the lower house of parliament:
- In the Address, the head of state drew attention to the importance of the condition for strengthening the role of the parliament by creating equal conditions for all political actors and ensuring inter-party competition. At the same time he stressed that the Ecological Movement of Uzbekistan, organized in 2008, turned into a real political force. At the same time, the inclusion of representatives of the Eco-movement into the lower house of parliament on the basis of a predetermined quota does not help to increase their activity and initiative.
Indeed, we must admit that the time has come to create equal conditions for all political forces and to strengthen healthy competition in the political arena. Therefore, in our opinion, the Ecological Movement of Uzbekistan, it is necessary to preserve the status of a non-governmental non-profit and non-political organization, for which the highest priority is the solution of environmental issues. But at the same time, it is necessary to legislatively fix the right of Ecological Movement participation in elections to representative bodies of power, and also to develop a mechanism for organizing this process. We must concentrate our efforts on improving the electoral legislation, make appropriate changes to it, and bring to the population the essence and significance of this change.