ALL OF the Oztec spring options are suited to a two-inch lift, but don’t require it. For a Hilux (and most other similar vehicles), Oztec offers four different front coil options:
• Up to 65kg of frontal accessories.
• 65 to 120kg of frontal accessories (this is the option we chose for the Hilux).
• 120 to 160kg frontal accessories.
• 160kg-plus of frontal accessories. For the rear, Oztec offers three setup options:
• 100 to 300kg constant load (more weight can be carried, but obviously the height will be lower). With this spring setup, Oztec recommend its ‘Comfort’ valved shock.
• 300 to 500kg constant load (more weight can be carried, but obviously the height will be lower). With this setup, the Oztec ‘Comfort’ valved shock is generally the way to go (although with less than 300kg load, the ride height will be higher than quoted). If running at the top end of the weight range, the Oztec team recommends combining this spring setup with its ‘Cargo’ valved shock. This is the unit we had fitted to the crew’s ’Lux.
• For a constant minimum load of 500kg or more in the rear tray. Oztec recommend combining this spring with the ‘Cargo’ valved shock.