Strengthening the connection with consumers
‘THE MARKET Bytes Pty. Ltd’ has announced the beginning of a new era with its investment in the Timber Advice and Display Centre (TADC).
“This will bring about changes to the TADC that will strengthen the way the showroom and advisory service connect with the consuming public, specifiers and builders. Importantly the investment will increase the value to the various stakeholders in the centre,” said principal Eric Siegers.
“Twelve years of statistics has proven that while marketing channels have shifted dramatically from print to digital platforms the centre consistently connects with:
• over 20% of all renovators in Victoria
• 2400 specifiers, designers and builders
• Hundreds of consumers interested in a wide range product solutions “This has convinced us that there is a real opportunity that can be used to:
• enhance brands, • build product equity and importantly
• lay the ground work to testing new
products and services . “In the digital era the TADC is more relevant than ever with the market demanding that all providers offer:
• Communication and
“Independent research confirms that the independent merchant plays a more significant role in renovation than many in the industry recognise, and to survive in this competitive sector business must be able meet the demands of the consumer. This provides an opportunity that we will realise through the advisory and showroom capabilities,” Eric said.
“The TADC is pivotal in connecting consumers, specifiers and builders with products, services and information. The investment we undertake means the TADC can now develop revenue opportunities that were previously off limits under the not for profit banner.
“We can confidently build a vibrant and targeted service by beginning with the following activities. We will:
• Refocus the showroom as a hub for the growing renovation market.
• Strengthen the advisory service to become a hub for specifiers and builders. • Be a hub for merchants by providing data, market analysis, and various business services including various training and business services packages.
• Become a hub for new technologies and products that meet a combination of social, environmental and business criteria.
• Become an information hub for product manufacturers and suppliers by monitoring consumer and merchant trends. “It is an exciting time; there is a lot we are doing to create and realise the opportunities that this change represents.
“We realise the challenges before us are significant, however, the changes