Australian Transport News
WRS QLD puts safety first
Proudly Australian-owned, the Workforce Road Services QLD (WRS QLD) team has been delivering eective and safe traic management services within Queensland for the past 14 years on all major projects
WRS QLD STATES that it is one of Australia’s safest, most reliable and professional suppliers of traffic management services. Specialising in early engagement utilising the scope of works, it is this communication for tenders with its clients that sets WRS QLD apart from its competitors, it says.
PROFESSIONALISM BASED ON SAFETY
The WRS QLD traffic management services team provides a comprehensive range of traffic management services to help companies with planning, supervising and executing safe traffic control procedures for road works, line marking, asphalting, tree lopping, road/lane closures and diversions.
Highly experienced TMD staff are on call 24/7 and WRS QLD has the capability to assist any client on any project size, from the office and in the field. Services include:
• site surveys and safety audits
• computer-aided preparation of traffic guidance schemes, traffic control plans and traffic management plans
• a modern fleet of over 750 purpose-built traffic management vehicles
• provision of fully qualified and experienced traffic and supervisory staff
• 24/7 monitored emergency call-out network, ensuring customers talk to a skilled and experienced operator at any time of the day or night
• an extensive range of traffic control equipment hire, including; traffic lights and signals, cones, arrow boards, temporary lights, emergency signs, stop/go systems, pedestrian barriers, battery lights, cable-less lights and manual traffic signs
• purpose-built truck-mounted attenuators, incident response vehicles, cone and pod trucks
• project-specific safety management plans for traffic management.
SAFETY ON SITE
All WRS QLD staff are trained to adhere to strict occupational health and safety (OH&S) guidelines and are required to perform a comprehensive risk assessment for each new assignment.
WRS QLD has implemented the following procedures and systems to monitor safety for works and minimise risk, including:
• paperless systems on site
• worksite assessments and hazard reports
• journey management systems
• safe work method statement
• skills and competencies register
• site-specific OH&S induction from employee files
• traffic controller assessment
• injury management policies and procedures
• regular site safety audits performed by a traffic management design (TMD) expert
• incident and near-miss reporting systems
• system improvement report
• OH&S policy
• safety roles and responsibilities
• safety management system compliance certificate
• daily vehicle checklist.
WRS QLD says that its ability to achieve and exceed its clients’ expectations on projects by applying strict adherence to the agreed key performance indicators is the primary reason that it is the preferred supplier for so many clients.
WRS’ main objective is to provide clients with outstanding service, thus affording them the ability to carry out work in a safe, practicable, well-presented worksite, on time and under their traffic management services budget, every time.
WRS QLD’s portfolio includes clients from the civil, building and maintenance, construction, local council and state and federal government sectors, main roads departments, road asphalting companies, line marking, national utility providers and organisers of special events.
Being one of Queensland’s best performing traffic management services providers, WRS QLD says that its field staff are its biggest assets. Its TMD officers are experienced professionals, fully trained to assess and react to constantly changing conditions within a work zone, WRS QLD explains.
Call WRS QLD to find out how it can assist you with your onsite needs on 1300 WRS QLD.
“WRS QLD has the capability to assist any client on any project size, from the office and in the field”