Edging towards the future
Renowned for pioneering luxury at sea, Celebrity Edge® is heading to Australia with a mission to change the way Australians travel.
IN AUSTRALIA, we’ve long held the view that the future of travel would focus on sustainability, connection and, almost certainly, a star-spangled passage to Mars, or at the very least, the moon. It appears we were shortsighted; not only is our vessel for tomorrow far more luxurious than anything the Australian market has ever seen, the date for a reimagined life full of once-in-a-lifetime experiences has been set.
Introducing Celebrity Edge, Celebrity Cruises’ transformational Edge Series ship, which is set to debut in Australia for the 2023–24 season. On offer? 12 bespoke itineraries from 6- to 13-nights onboard, each one designed to showcase the wonder of Australia, the drama of New Zealand and the palm-fringed tropics of the South Pacific.
Visiting an impressive 22 ports with departures from both Sydney and Auckland, themed itineraries such as ‘Sun and Beach Escapes’, ‘Food and Wine Classics’ and ‘Five-Star Getaways’ will bring the region’s unique culture to life through enhanced onboard and shoreside programming. Overnight opportunities in Cairns, Auckland and Hobart, are the cherry on top.
What makes Celebrity Edge the ultimate vessel to gently transport you to the future? It begins with a break away from traditional ship design so that guests never feel disconnected from their surroundings. Every aspect of the ship – from the very first sketches to experiencing those designs in a virtual reality se ing – was done in 3D to ensure real-time perfection, and the unique outward-facing design offering guests unparalleled views of the sea (and destinations visited) are world firsts.
It can’t all be about those views of course, and Celebrity Edge’s onboard experience is light years apart from anything you’re likely to see at sea. Key highlights include:
• THE RETREAT®, an exclusive space for suite guests featuring spectacular accommodation, a private restaurant, exclusive lounge and sundeck with pool to rival any high-end resort. In addition, a team of dedicated butlers, a endants and concierges on standby to ensure you never have to li a finger.
• AQUACLASS® staterooms with spa-themed perks and amenities for a fully immersive, next-level wellness experience.
Globally inspired menus crafted by Michelin-starred chefs provide a peerless epicurean journey
• An unparalleled culinary repertoire of 29 distinct restaurants, bars and lounges, each one steeped in the flavours of destinations visited on the itinerary. Four complimentary dining rooms invite diners to alternate between refined French cuisine, rustic Italian, Mediterranean fare and traditional American, while globally inspired menus cra ed by Michelin-starred chefs provide a peerless epicurean journey not easily forgo en.
• An opportunity to elevate your health and boost your glow with first-at-sea wellness offerings including Peloton cycling, Kerastase salon and a sprawling 2043 square metres offering more than 120 destination treatments. At the heart of THE SPA, SEA THERMAL SUITE is best described as a ‘playground for the senses’ and its eight distinctive spaces include a Crystalarium, Salt Room, Float Room and Rainfall Water Therapy Room.
• THE MAGIC CARPET®, the world’s first cantilevered floating platform on the edge of the ship that soars up to 13 storeys over the ocean and transforms mood and function as it moves between decks.
• EDEN, a three-storey glass-panelled utopia that is part restaurant lounge, part nightclub and part theatre, and designed to connect guests with the sea through its (considerable) window to the world.
• Transformational accommodation with offerings that range from modern, two-storey villas with plunge pools and the aforementioned AquaClass to staterooms with INFINITE VERANDAS® – a cu ing- edge design that blurs the boundaries between indoor and outdoor living and gives guests open-air access to the sea at the click of a bu on.
• A world of entertainment at your fingertips from captivating main-stage productions and AMERICAN BALLET THEATRE PERFORMANCES to live music shows and a CAMP AT SEA program for juniors.
Future travel without a focus on sustainability and diversity? Never. Celebrity Edge is not only commi ed to supporting diversity and equality in the LGBTQI+ community (the ship is hailed as the Pride Party at Sea flagship), it’s also one of the most environmentally friendly. More than 25 per cent more fuel efficient than prior generations, there are more than 40 sustainability initiatives on Celebrity Edge, from offering tours that are certified by the Global Sustainable Tourism Council and only docking at ports that offer recycling, to sourcing foods such as MSC seafood and cage-free eggs.
Sustainable luxury; just another step by Celebrity Cruises towards bringing us to the edge of possibility, the future of travel.