Benalla Ensign

COVID-19 case in Wangaratta

- By Simon Ruppert

Northeast Health Wangaratta confirmed via social media this morning (Tuesday, September 21) that a COVID-19-positive patient had attended the emergency department overnight and had been transferre­d to Melbourne.

“All staff and patients who were in the ED at the time have been identified as either primary or secondary contacts and are in communicat­ion with the Local Public Health Unit about the steps they need to take,” the Facebook post said.

“Contact tracing is under way by the Local Public Health Unit. No further informatio­n is available at this time, but we will notify you as it comes to hand.”

The health district said there was no danger to people who needed to come to the emergency department today, and increased testing was available.

This case was not included in the daily count from Chief Health Officer Brett Sutton.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Australia