Pharmacies offer vaccines
Pharmacies across Australia have now administered more than 500,000 COVID-19 vaccines.
Three Pharmacies in the Rose City are offering vaccinations, giving Benalla residents six locations they can book a jab.
• Amcal+: Offering the AstraZeneca vaccine as a walk-in clinic with no booking required.
It is also offering the Moderna vaccine, which must be booked by phoning 5762 7575 or online via www.gobookings.com/au/ clients/02141823590461;
• Priceline: Offeing AstraZeneca vaccines by appointment only via www. priceline.com.au; and
• Jenny Milner Marsha Watson: Offering the AstraZeneca vaccine. And is expecting a delivery of Moderna on Friday (October 1).
Booking is preferential and can be done via 5762 1033. Alternatively you can attend on a Wednesday, Thursday or Friday and request a jab without a booking. If the pharmacy can accommodate you it will.
The AstraZeneca vaccine is recommended for all people aged 18 and over. The Moderna Vaccine is available to people aged 12 to 59.
The National President of the Pharmaceutical Society of Australia (PSA), Associate Professor Chris Freeman, commended Australia’s pharmacists for their continued efforts, and welcomed the additional one million doses of the Moderna vaccine.
“In just a few short weeks, pharmacists have administered over half a million doses of the COVID-19 vaccine to Australians,” Prof Freeman said. “I applaud all of the country’s pharmacists for their dedication to protecting their communities, especially those in hotspot areas where the risk of exposure remains high.”
You can also book a vaccination in the Rose City via:
• Benalla Church St Surgery — 5672 1022;
• Benalla Healthcare Centre — 5762 2803; or
• Benalla Carrier St Clinic — 5762 4629.
Doctors clinics and surgeries are offering AstraZeneca and Pfizer.