Accentuate the positives
What’s your best feature? Got gorgeous hair, naturally luscious lips, sexy eyes, legs that go on for miles, a tiny waist? Play up your positives! Work your best bits for all their worth.
• Dress to suit your shape and personal style, to heck with so-called latest trends. That zany floral frock/shirt/skirt? Just because the fash mags keep calling it the new black doesn’t make it true.
• Good hair days make you feel fab. Keep yours in great shape with regular trips to your stylist and great at-home products. Oh, some of the most stylish women are rocking their natural grey and silver. Just sayin’.
• Taking care of your skin is never a waste of time. Cleanse and moisturise daily and exfoliate at least weekly to create the best canvas for make-up.
• The right primer and foundation can change your complexion from red and blotchy to flawless. Those with luminising, light-diffusing properties are the go, especially for mature skin. A tinted moisturiser or BB cream is a great go-to on stay-at-home days.
• Find online videos on how to create contours and highlights with concealer and blush for cheekbones; ditto a smoky-eye tutorial on how to make your peepers pop.
• Every girl can rock a red lip. Visit a beauty counter to find your best shade. (Remember, less is more: when you play up your lips, play down your eyes and vice versa.)
• Sunscreen, always.
• As the weather warms, a sunless tan (from a bottle or spray booth) can help you feel confident going sleeveless.
• Have a regular mani and pedi to keep hands and feet looking polished. Pun intended. You don’t have to pay $$ for a salon job, it’s easy as pie to DIY.