Take your dog towork day
Friday, June 22 is a day to celebrate dogs, arguably man’s best friend, and the difference they can make to people’s lives. Created by Pet Sitters International (PSI), Take your Dog to Work Day is an annual event which encourages employers to allow pet dogs in the workplace so everyone can experience the benefits and to encourage more people to adopt pets. Tips to ensure a peaceful and productive day:
• Check with management and your colleagues that your pooch is welcome.
• Pet-proof your work space – keep all potentially dangerous items out of paw’s reach!
• Bring their bed, favourite toy, treats, food and water bowl and set them up beside you.
• Have an exit strategy in case your favourite companion doesn’t like being your assistant!
• Never leave your pet alone in a vehicle while you work. More tips at takeyourdog.com