Everything you need to know to get celebrating!
Lovely makes for glam dining and entertaining
FELT FLOWERS Gather your supplies
• Wool felt in desired colours, including green for leaves • Scissors
• Hot-glue gun
• Floral wire
• 1 felt circle, 4.5cm-dia. (for centre)
• 3 felt rectangles, each 30 x 2.5cm
• 21 felt teardrop-shaped petals (cut teardrops from a 5 x 7cm rectangle) • 1 Green felt circle, 4.5cm-dia. (for base) STEP 1 Cut a slit in middle of flower centre, then slip it onto floral wire near the top. Using hot glue to secure, press all edges inward to create the flower’s inner gentle folds.
STEP 2 Fold a long rectangle accordion style and glue all folds to each other at the lower edge. Repeat this step for remaining 2 rectangles.
STEP 3 Glue ends of all 3 accordion pieces together to form a circle. Squeeze circle to compact the petals together.
STEP 4 Arrange ‘accordion’ petals around cabbage rose centre (made in Step 1) so they are level. Glue in place at the base.
STEP 5 Working evenly around flower, hot glue bottom third of each teardrop petal to flower centre to build up your rose.
STEP 6 To finish, make a tiny hole in centre of base piece. Thread it up the wire until it reaches bottom of flower then glue it in place.
• 32 felt circles, 4.5cm-dia.
(for centre and petals) • 1 green wavy felt piece, 5cm-dia. (for leaf)
STEP 1 Cut a slit in middle of flower centre, then slip it onto floral wire near the top. Pinch at the base to create gentle folds, then hot glue in place.
STEP 2 Working evenly around flower, add petals around centre, overlapping them slightly as you go.
STEP 3 To finish, make a tiny hole in centre of green wavy leaf, slide it up the wire until it reaches bottom of flower then glue it in place.
• 1 felt 4-petal flower
• 1 felt 4-leaf piece
STEP 1 Cut a tiny hole in the middle of petal flower, slide it onto floral wire near the top.
STEP 2 Apply a tiny drop of hot glue at tip of 1 petal, then press to adjacent tip. Repeat for remaining 2 petals. Bring 4 tips together at top and secure together with hot glue.
STEP 3 To finish, cut a tiny hole in centre of 4-leaf piece, slide it up floral wire until it reaches bud. Glue it around bud.
Eucalyptus branches Cutting
• Small silver gum leaves (each leaf is cut from a 5 x 3cm rectangle) • Gum leaves (each leaf is cut from an 8 x 2.5cm rectangle)
NOTE: Cut as many leaves as you require for your desired length of eucalypt branch.
STEP 1 Wrap end of 1 felt leaf around floral wire and use hot glue to secure leaf to wire and to wrong side of leaf. Repeat for all remaining leaves, arranging and gluing leaves on both sides of floral wire. Camellia
• 23 x 5.5cm felt rectangle
• 12 felt teardrop-shaped petals (cut from 7 x 5 cm rectangles) • 1 green felt circle, 4.5cm-dia. (for leaf)
STEP 1 Fold 23 x 5.5cm felt rectangle in half lengthwise and pin raw edges together. Cutting across folded edge, make straight cuts into rectangle, spacing cuts 7mm apart and stopping 1cm short of the pinned edges.
STEP 2 Removing pins as you go, roll the strip up, using hot glue to secure the roll in place. This completes flower centre.
STEP 3 Working evenly around flower, add petals around flower centre, overlapping them as you go. STEP 4 To finish, make a tiny hole in centre of leaf. Push leaf up floral wire until it reaches base of flower and hot glue in place.