Keep Australia Pet Friendly ambassador, vet Dr Chris Brown, has created these simple tips to capture the perfect shot of your furry friend – one that could turn him or her into a superstar!
• Choose a spot – empty park, beach, couch or a brick wall will do.
• Light it up – aim for soft light from early morning or late afternoon sun to add warmth to the image.
• The eyes have it – focus on the eyes as the windows to their soul.
• Go low – get down to their level to appreciate their personality.
• No flash – unless you’re going for the ‘red eye’ on-steroids look.
• Be patient and be ready
– you’ll get the purrfect glance when you least expect it.
PS, if you want to be snapped with your pet, consider a professional pet photo shoot, which can be in a studio or on location. If it’s not in your budget, set your camera or phone on a timer and SMILE! ■