KEEP YOUR PUSSY HAPPY INSIDE
For cats to be happy and healthy indoors, they need an environment that meets their physical and mental health needs. Exercise keeps them alert, engaged and a healthy weight to help prevent diabetes and arthritis.
The Cat Protection Society of NSW has a few tricks to entertain your kitty indoors – and they’re not expensive!
• Scratching posts
• Boxes (you can never have enough!)
• Install a perch near a window for your cat to watch (tables also work).
• Play together with teaser or fishing rod toys.
• Toilet roll cores can be great treat dispensers! Fill with some biscuits, pinch the ends together and insert a few holes so the biscuits will come out when the roll is pushed.
• Food puzzles can keep your cat mentally stimulated!
• Groom your cat for relaxation and bonding – and a healthy coat!
• Provide interactive toys when you’re not at home, like a ball maze.
• Aim for 30 minutes of play time with your cat. For kittens, break it up into 10- to 15-minute blocks to satisfy their bursts of energy.
For more info, see catprotection.org.au