7 NATURAL EASY FIXES
Certain foods cause flare-ups and common offenders include: soft drink, coffee and other caffeinated drinks, deep-fried foods and other high-fat goodies such as pies, sausage rolls, doughnuts, potato chips, snack foods, spicy food, acidic foods like tomato, tomato sauces, citrus fruit and juices, raw onion and garlic, chocolate (that combo of caffeine and fat), cheese, high-fat dairy products, peppermint, and alcohol.
2. SLOW YOUR ROLL
Don’t shovel! Practise mindful munching and eat s-l-o-w-l-y.
3. EAT SMALLER QUANTITIES Use smaller plates to control portions.
4. EAT EARLY Eat at least 3 hours before bedtime.
5. GO FOR A POSTDINNER WALK Enjoy the exercise and aid your digestion at the same time.
6. LOSE BELLY FAT Losing a few kilos can help reduce pressure on your stomach.
7. HANG LOOSE If the too-tight skinny jeans are bringing you down, don’t wear ’em!