BRING YOUR LILIES INDOORS
What’s the point of a lily in your garden if you can’t bring bunches of these graceful flowers inside to give perfume and style to your indoors!
• Choose stems when buds are swelling but not yet open.
• Cut at a 90-degree angle.
• Remove leaves that will be below the water line.
• Add a small teaspoon of sugar to water to encourage buds to open.
• Trim stems and replace water and sugar daily.
For you to note
Lily anthers holding pollen on the top of stamens look dramatic, but the pollen is notorious for staining tablecloths or clothes. Don’t rub or scrape fallen pollen or it will spread. Instead, remove with sticky tape. Or, cut off anthers, as this won’t affect a flower’s longevity.