BAKED SNAPPER WITH CRUNCHY ASIAN-STYLE DRESSING
Impress your guests with this stylish baked snapper in crunchy Asian- style dressing.
● 2kg whole snapper
● 3 stems coriander (including roots), chopped
● 2 limes, thinly sliced
● Extra fresh coriander sprigs, shredded
● Green onion, to serve
● Fried shallots, to serve. Crunchy Asian-style dressing
● 1 tablespoon rice bran oil
● 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
● 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced into rounds
● 1 stick lemongrass, finely chopped (white part only)
● 3cm piece fresh ginger, cut into thin matchsticks
● 1 tablespoon brown sugar
● 2 tablespoons soy sauce
● 2 tablespoons lime juice
● 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander.
METHOD Step 1
Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Place 2 x 60cm long sheets of foil, slightly overlapping along 1 long side, on a baking tray. Top with 1 x 50cm long sheet of baking paper.
Score the flesh of the fish on both sides, being careful not to cut too deep. Place fish in centre of baking paper. Fill cavity with coriander and lime slices. Season fish well with pepper. Fold up sides and ends of foil and paper to enclose fish.
Bake for 50 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Dressing: Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic, chilli, lemongrass and ginger. Cook, stirring, until garlic starts to change colour. Set aside to cool. Place brown sugar, soy sauce, lime juice and coriander in a small jug. Add garlic mixture. Stir to combine.
Carefully transfer fish to a serving plate. Drizzle with dressing. Top with extra coriander, green onion and fried shallots. Serve.