Three tips for green Christmas
THE weather is fantastic for gardening at the moment, and if you want your lawn and garden to look great for Christmas, you only have three weeks to do it.
There are only three jobs to do to make your garden look great.
1. Remove or spray the weeks in the lawn and gardens.
2. Fertilise the lawn and garden.
3. Mulch the garden. There are a three reasons why you should do it now.
1. There has been some lovely rain, so the weeds will come out easily.
2. If you are spraying the weeds now, they will quickly absorb the herbicide.
3. It can take a couple of weeks for your lawn to green up.
There are three positive outcomes.
1. Your garden and lawn will be a lot healthier and so get a lot less pests and diseases.
2. Adding the mulch will keep the moisture in the ground and help keep the weeds under control.
3. You, your family and your neighbours will get a great sense of satisfaction when you have finished.
There are a variety of mulches to use: Pine Bark, Cyprus Mulch, Sugar Cane and Tea Tree. If you are spraying the lawn and garden for weeds, speak to a garden centre expert. There are fertilisers for your lawn and one is Katek Super Grass, you can put it on your lawn and it’s safe for natives.