Fire ban in place across the region
RESIDENTS are urged to stay alert, as yesterday marked the peak of the fire danger across the Burnett region.
The Bureau of Meteorology issued the severe fire danger warning for the South and North Burnett.
Meteorologist Harry Clark said with current weather forecasts, the fire warning is likely to drop back to very high today.
"Combine the dry conditions, windy conditions and hot conditions, and that makes severe fire danger ratings," he said.
In the north, there were some slightly warmer pockets around Gayndah and Monto.
Burnett residents are urged to be sun smart with the UV index predicted to reach extreme.
The Queensland Government has put a fire ban in place for the North and South Burnett council areas and the Cherbourg Aboriginal Shire council area.
The ban applied from 10am Wednesday, November 28 to 10am Friday, November 30.
All permits to light fires previously issued in these areas are cancelled.
The Queensland Rural Fire Service advises residents to action their bushfire survival plan now and monitor the fire and weather situations through media outlets and www.ruralfire.qld.gov.au.
Queensland Acting Chief Health Officer Dr Sonya Bennett is urging people to take precautions against dehydration and other heat-related conditions.
"Be alert to the symptoms of heat-related illnesses which can range from heat rash, muscle cramps, and heavy sweating, to paleness, dizziness, nausea, vomiting and fainting," she said.
Another round of heat is forecast for Sunday and Monday next week, welcoming summer.