TEST YOUR GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
1. Last year, Egypt Station was which ex-Beatles first US number one solo album in 36 years?
2. The Battle of Verdun occurred during (a) American Civil War (b) Vietnam War (c) World War I?
3. Easter will occur in which month this year?
4. The Brisbane Cricket Ground is commonly known by which name?
5. Which medical condition is caused by a blockage of the hollow portion of the appendix?
6. Which national capital is known as “the eternal city”?
7. “Xeroxing” was once a common term for performing which office task?
8. Most of 2019 is the Chinese year of which animal?
9. In California, in 2018 for the first time, a World Surf League tour event was held in which type of venue?
10. Sydney and which two national capitals are between 33 and 34 degrees south latitude?
11. In 2018, Brisbane Broncos winger Corey Oates married the daughter of which former Broncos test centre?
12. Who is the federal treasurer?
13. Is an avocet a (a) bird (b) fruit (c) nuclear missile? 14. According to the saying, which edible substance is “from heaven”?
15. Which animals are used in a gymkhana event?
16. In which 2018 movie did Rowan Atkinson play the only spy still active in Britain after a hacker blows everyone else’s cover?
17. Which is the only Australian state flag without a white or yellow circle?
18. Who succeeded Queen Victoria as British monarch?
19. Blue Jest was the winner of which 2018 iconic Queensland Outback horse race?
20. Sawmill Bay is in which Australian state/territory?
21. With the release of Partners in 2014, who became the first to have a number one album in each of six decades?
22. Since 2002, who has been the only US tennis player without the surname Williams to win a women’s grand singles title?
23. What is the term for a number which is divisible by the sum of its digits?
24. What is the two-word colloquial term for the practice of widespread temporary employment and the contracting of independent workers for short-term work?
25. Which England all-rounder was reportedly called “Osama” by an Australian during the 2015 Ashes series?