Go bananas for this brunch
SPOIL yourself with a decadent serve of banoffee French toast. Adorned with whipped cream, chocolate sauce, caramel and thick slices of banana, this is one meal that won’t disappoint.
Banoffee French toast
PREP: 10 minutes COOK: 20 minutes
100g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream
3 eggs, lightly whisked 80ml (1/3 cup) milk
2 tsp caster sugar
2 tsp dark cocoa powder, sifted
1 tsp vanilla bean paste 40g butter, chopped
8 x 2cm-thick slices brioche 380g can Nestle Caramel Top ‘n’ Fill Whipped cream, to serve 2 large bananas, thickly sliced diagonally, to serve
1. Place the chocolate and cream in a small, microwavesafe bowl. Microwave on High for 1 minute. Stir until melted and smooth. Set aside and keep warm.
2. Place the egg, milk, sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla in a large bowl. Whisk until smooth and combined.
3. Melt 10g butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Dip 2 pieces of brioche in the egg mixture and turn to coat. Cook, turning, for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Wipe the pan clean with paper towel. Repeat with the remaining butter, brioche and egg mixture.
4. Place the caramel in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
5. Place a slice of French toast on each serving plate.
Divide half the whipped cream, caramel and sliced banana among the French toast, covering each slice. Top with the remaining French toast, whipped cream, caramel and banana. Drizzle each toast stack with the warm chocolate sauce.