KAYLA’S HIGH-INTENSITY INTERVAL SESSION
BEST FOR: Blasting fat.
HOW TO DO IT: Set your timer for seven minutes, and aim to complete the following circuit as many times as you can before it goes off. Then, if you’re up for it, have a quick rest and do another seven minutes. Repeat four times (that’s 28 minutes). 1 REVERSE LUNGE + KNEE LIFT
Stand with your feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart. Take a big step back with your left foot, bending both legs to around a 90-degree angle.
● Your front knee should be over your ankle and your back knee hovering just off the floor [A].
● Straighten to standing, shifting your weight to your right leg and bringing your left knee up to your chest [B].
● Bring your left leg back down into a reverse lunge.
● Alternate 12 reps per side, for a total of 24 reps each.
2 SNAP JUMP
Start in a standing position, feet slightly wider than shoulderwidth apart.
● Bend at the hips and knees into a crouch and place your hands on the floor in front of your feet [A].
● Kick both feet backwards to extend your legs behind you, resting on the balls of your feet [B].
● Jump forward, back towards your hands, keeping feet shoulder-width apart. That’s one rep. Do 20 reps in total.
3 CROSS MOUNTAIN CLIMBER
Start with both hands on the floor, resting on the balls of your feet.
● Keeping your right foot on the floor, bring your left knee into your chest, diagonally towards your right elbow [A],
then return to the starting position.
● Keeping your left foot on the floor, bring your right knee into your chest, towards your left elbow [B], then return to the start. That’s one rep. Do a total of 40.
4 SIDE-TO-SIDE CRUNCH
Start flat on your back, knees bent and right foot on the floor. Rest your left ankle below your right knee.
● With your hands behind your ears, slowly lift your head and shoulders off the floor, twisting your torso to the right so that your right elbow touches the floor [A].
● Then twist to the left to bring your right elbow across your body to your left knee, keeping your knee still [B]. Release your torso back to the right; repeat for 12 reps.