Maybe you just made your relationship official or maybe you’re already living together – the point is, you’re gonna meet the ’rents sometime, so make a solid first impression with quick bites… and strong drinks
Goat’s Cheese & Beet Toast
MAKES 4 230g chèvre 120ml thickened cream 120ml goat’s milk 450g baby beets, cubed
1 baguette, sliced and baked into crostini Arugula for garnish
1. Set oven to 220 degrees.
2. Roast beets in foil, and bake until fork tender, about 30 minutes. Let cool.
3. Whisk chèvre, cream and milk until fluffy. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Spread goat’s cheese mix on toast; top with beets, then arugula.
Purchase a jumbo silicone ice-cube tray, as a big ice cube melts slower and keeps drinks from getting diluted.
THEY’RE SURE TO LOVE THIS CITRUSY, SWEET SIPPER. SERVES 1 2 sprigs mint ½ lemon 60ml rye whiskey 15ml aloe liqueur 30ml lemon juice 1 tsp agave
1. Muddle mint and lemon in bottom of shaker.
2. Add liquids, and shake with ice. Pour into new glass, and garnish with lemon and mint. #
EXPERT ADVICE ‘Think of it as breaking the ice, not a formal sit-down affair.’ – DARCY MILLER, PARTY EXPERT
THESE CUTE COTTON NAPKINS FROM MY DRAP COME ON A ROLL!