FACE-2-FACE: Bronwyn Knight
Business Development Executive NSW/ACT, MSC Cruises.
1. What mo vates you in your career?
The experience of achieving the goals I have set, and the ongoing positive effects that brings.
2. Most common assump on people make about your job?
That I spend half my life on a ship and the other half drinking tea and chatting with people.
3. What is the key to building great rela onships with agents?
Investing the time and effort to understanding them and their business, clients and community (so drinking tea and chatting with travel agents really).
4. Advice for up-and-comers? Just get out there and take every opportunity to learn about your business, your clients and yourself.
5. Biggest challenge facing the industry?
Influencing people to take time out and take a holiday. Life can’t be all about work – there’s too much annual leave saved up.
6. What was your best fam? Cruising (of course), with a small group of myself and five agents to the Mediterranean visiting Greece, Turkey and Italy, so much fun and thankfully the days before camera phones!
7. My next cruise will be… Hmmmm, so many amazing choices with MSC Cruises, I would love to do a Baltic cruise and visit St Petersburg or closer to home, one of our Arabian Peninsula departures ex Dubai.
8. Favourite cruise des na on?
Alaska closely followed by the Mediterranean.
9. Celebrity you’d like to cruise with?
James Corden. Oh golly, can you imagine how much fun you would have.
10. Favourite thing to do in port?
Explore the cafes where the locals go.