FACE-2-FACE: James McCullagh
1. What is your favourite part of the job?
I really enjoy ship inspections, showing off our wonderful ships to our travel partners either locally or internationally.
2. What attracted you to a career in the cruise industry?
Honestly it was pushed onto me when I was in wholesale, however you could see instantly cruising was a big part of the travel industry and I have embraced every moment.
3. What is the key to success in the cruise industry?
Product knowledge and quality hardware and knowing your market, but certainly passion is a key component.
4. Biggest challenge facing the industry?
Lack of sufficient travel knowledge and experience are some of the biggest challenges for both small and large companies.
5. What is your advice for upand-comers?
Work in an agency to gain good knowledge and experience of the industry. Travel as much as you can, attend networking and industry events, and always introduce yourself.