FACE-2-FACE: Faye Larrarte
Business Development Manager, NSW & QLD - Cruise & Maritime Voyages
1. What is the favourite part of your job?
Training! I love presenting the CMV product to our agent partners. Their enthusiasm when I point out our amazing itineraries and the exceptional value is very satisfying.
2. What attracted you to a career in the cruise industry?
My love of the ocean and being at sea with no land in sight is my favourite thing about cruising. The people, the ship experience and the travel opportunities have been an absolute bonus.
3. What is the biggest challenge facing the industry?
Over populating small islands and remote destinations during port calls.
4. What was your best famil?
I am so lucky to have experienced some amazing trips, with incredible agent partners who I now call friends. But I would have to say, hands down, Antarctica. It was a lifechanging experience.
5. Where do you see yourself in five years?
Cruising from Singapore to London on board Vasco da Gama’s 45-night cruise with a G&T in hand.
6. How do you wind down a er a busy week?
My husband Joe loves cooking and is a great chef. We usually have friends over, dine on his gourmet cuisine, paired with great wine and laugh…a lot!
7. The celebrity you would most like to cruise with?
Magda Szubanski. She makes me laugh and could offer good intellectual conversation as well.
8. What should the cruise ship of the future look like?
It’s what’s inside that counts. Caring and attentive service, great dining, like-minded people and comfort all around.