My Favourite Things
TIMES have been challenging for the cruise sector so it’s important to recognise some of the highlights. At the risk of sounding all Julie Andrews, here are a few of my recent favourite things:
• Captain Morten Hansen of the Artania recording a heartfelt video to thank the people of Fremantle and Perth.
• The amazing work by community members in Wollongong who pulled together 1,200 care packages for the crew on the Ruby Princess including chips, fruit, Tim Tams, Vegemite along with personal notes and children’s drawings.
• The crew returning that generosity of spirit and gathering on the deck nightly to clap for the Illawarra community then collecting money for Wollongong Emergency Housing. Princess Cruises also donated $50,000 to the Mission to Seafarers in Port Kembla.
• The support from our members in Brisbane and Gladstone to make crew packs and to farewell and thank cruise line crews as they left port.
• Australian Reef Pilots for their part in safely navigating ships through QLD.
• Our destination and tour operator members who are taking this time to plan for the cruise sector’s recovery as they look forward to welcoming passengers and crew back to their cities and regions.