Elephant not Lucky at all

Daily Mercury - - WORLD -

A YOUNG male elephant was elec­tro­cuted in Thai­land af­ter stum­bling into a drain and crash­ing into a restau­rant sign, po­lice said Satur­day.

Two elephant han­dlers were walk­ing 10-year-old Plai Nam Choke – or “Lucky” in English – around a town in Sa­mut Prakhan prov­ince south of Bangkok, of­fer­ing passers-by the chance to feed him for cash.

But Lucky stum­bled into an open sewer and col­lided with an elec­tric sign­board out­side a restau­rant, po­lice said.

They said that the elephant likely died from elec­tro­cu­tion.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Australia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.