Elephant not Lucky at all
A YOUNG male elephant was electrocuted in Thailand after stumbling into a drain and crashing into a restaurant sign, police said Saturday.
Two elephant handlers were walking 10-year-old Plai Nam Choke – or “Lucky” in English – around a town in Samut Prakhan province south of Bangkok, offering passers-by the chance to feed him for cash.
But Lucky stumbled into an open sewer and collided with an electric signboard outside a restaurant, police said.
They said that the elephant likely died from electrocution.