WHERE THE LOCALS EAT
• FINE DINING Arbour in Blenheim dishes up elegant food with a view over Renwick wine country. Its contemporary menu is driven by seasonality and Marlborough produce.
• TOP CAFE Blenheim’s The Vines Village Cafe, helmed by chef Francis Nolan, is famous for its brunching and lunching using the region’s best produce. Popcorn clams are a highlight.
• CULT CLASSIC The Burleigh in Blenheim has the “best pies in the world”, according to Cloudy Bay Clams’ Isaac Piper. Varieties include beef and blue cheese, jerk chicken and pork belly.
• CHEAP EATS Witherlea Takeaways’ fish and chips are the go-to for Blenheim locals craving a top-quality fresh catch.
• FESTIVAL MUST The Marlborough Food & Wine Festival attracts top food and wine talent from New Zealand and Australia every year on the second Saturday in February. The 2019 festival is again at Brancott Vineyard and is the ideal way to sample the local drops and produce.