YEAR 10 DRIVER EDUCATION PROGRAM
The annual Deniliquin High School Year 10 driver Education Program will take place in Week 8 of this term, from Monday 3rd – Friday 7th December. The program is organised by the PDHPE Faculty, in conjunction with the Driver Education Subcommittee of the P&C. Some of the sessions which students will be involved in throughout the week include;
• Mental Health & Wellbeing: students will attend a session with our School Counsellor, Mrs Bond, and learn about mental health issues and how to support and seek assistance for a friend who is having a mental health crisis.
• Around Town; students will follow the chain of command that would occur in the event of a road accident, from insurance agency & hospital, to the police station and then the court. At each place, students will learn what part this agency plays in processing a road accident.
• Deniliquin Car Club; practical sessions on car maintenance, road rules and driving skills at the Deniliquin Car Club.
• Mock Accident; students will witness our emergency services in action as they respond to a mock accident and remove and treat victims trapped in a car following a collision.
• Guest Speaker; Mr John Maher is an inspiring speaker whose life has been impacted by road trauma. He will recount the events leading up to these events and the effect this has had on his life.
• ATA Truck; this group travels from Northern Australia each year to be a when driving.
• Court Magistrate; our local magistrate will address the students to make clear to them their responsibilities when driving. There will be opportunities for students to ask questions concerning licensing, driving laws, etc.
Parents and community members are encouraged to attend a special session with guest speaker John Maher in the MPC at the High School on the evening of Wednesday 5th December.
Every student who completes the one week program will be eligible for a FREE 1 hour driving lesson with local instructor, Brian Purtill. This lesson is funded by the P&C.
A great deal of time and community effort goes into organising this event. Thank you to the dedicated Driver Education Sub-Committee and the many generous community organisations that contribute to this most worthwhile program.
go to our website and the Driver Education tab.
Deniliquin NSW 2710 Phone: 03 5881 1211