Deniliquin Pastoral Times
What can we do?
Gatherings in the home and public spaces:
● Up to five visitors will be allowed in a home (not including children 12 and under).
● Up to 20 people can gather in outdoor settings.
Venues including hospitality, retail stores and gyms:
● Hospitality venues can reopen subject to one person per 4m2 inside and one person per 2m2 outside, with standing while drinking permitted outside.
● Retail stores can reopen under the one person per 4m2 rule.
● Personal services such as hairdressers and nail salons can open with one person per 4m2, capped at five clients per premises.
● Gyms and indoor recreation facilities can open under the one person per 4m2 rule and can offer classes for up to 20 people.
● Sporting facilities including swimming pools can reopen.
Stadiums, theatres and major outdoor recreation facilities:
● Major recreation outdoor facilities including stadiums, racecourses, theme parks and zoos can reopen with one person per 4m2, capped at 5,000 people.
● Up to 500 people can attend ticketed and seated outdoor events.
● Indoor entertainment and information facilities including cinemas, theatres, music halls, museums and galleries can reopen with one person per 4m2 or 75 per cent fixed seated capacity.
Weddings, funerals and places of worship:
● Up to 50 guests can attend weddings, with dancing permitted and eating and drinking only while seated.
● Up to 50 guests can attend funerals, with eating and drinking while seated.
● Churches and places of worship to open subject to one person per 4m2 rule, with no singing.
● Caravan parks and camping grounds can open.
● Carpooling will be permitted. Masks:
● Masks will remain mandatory for all indoor public venues, including public transport, front-of-house hospitality, retail and business premises, on planes and at airports.
● Only hospitality staff will be required to wear a mask when outdoors.
● Children aged under 12 will not need to wear a mask indoors.