10 CRUISING TIPS
1. To safeguard your gay cruising adventure, take out travel insurance. No one wants to end up in hospital in a foreign country uninsured.
2. Bring rock shoes to avoid lacerations to the feet, and pack your own beach towel, even though linen and a towel is provided.
3. Double check that your adapter fits European power points.
4. Bring your own music or iPod as the days are long at sea.
5. Pack your own toiletries such as shampoo, body wash, toothpaste, sunscreen and moisturisers.
6. Importantly, bring your own medications. It may be difficult to access a pharmacy on many of the islands, especially without a Croatian doctors’ script.
7. Bring cash-in-hand. It can be hard to locate ATMs or EFTPOS on many of these islands.
8. Luggage should be light and soft to ensure it is easy to stow away.
9. Definitely bring underwater cameras and Go-Pros to document your adventures.
10. Many of my shipmates brought their national flags, which were hoisted to the yacht.