Workshop for small farm holders
IF you live on a small farm and need some advice on a range of different things, Central West Local Land Services is holding another Small Landholding Information Workshop next Tuesday at Rawsonville Hall.
LLS is partnering with the Orana Rural Crime Unit to run this FREE workshop.
You’ll hear presentations from LLS officers, district vets and also the specialist rural police.
Questions to be answered will include:
• What can Local Land Services do for me?
• How can I secure my property? What surveillance cameras should I use?
• I have a weed problem. Who should I talk to?
• I have sheep, pigs, cattle, horses or other animals on my block, what paperwork do I need?
• How do I know if my sheep are wormy?
• How do I control feral pests like foxes, roaming dogs, rabbits and feral cats?
What you’ll need to take to the course:
• Weeds for identification (include plant roots, leaves, flowers/ seed head with some water in a sealed plastic bag)
• Notebook and pen
RSVP for catering requirements to Chris Robinson 0424 435 363 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org. gov.au. RSVP by Friday, April 13. A light supper will be provided.
z Send your news tips to email@example.com or 0429 452 245 txt is best
z Additional reporting by
News staff. Note: John Ryan is also a councillor on Dubbo Regional Council, and is also employed part-time by Landcare. He writes here in his capacity as a journalist.