90th year anniversary of the Emmagool church
AN open invitation has been extended to attend the St John the Baptist Emmagool Church’s 90th Anniversary mass, expressly to those who have a prior connection with the heritage-listed site or the Toongi area.
The service will take place at 10am this Sunday, November 4.
The Emmagool Church was built in 1928 from timber that was donated from multiple farms in the area.
“The timber was milled at a property called ‘Cranbrook’ and Harold Blackett oversaw the construction,” Emmagool parishioner Shirley Trethowan told
“It was originally built as a community church for all denominations, but along the track the Anglican Church decided that it would come under their roof and it has been Anglican ever since,” Ms Trethowan added.
Ahead of its anniversary celebrations, Emmagool Rural Fire Service (RFS) Brigade and Team Rubicon have been washing and painting the house of worship so that it is looking its best.
For catering purposes, please call Shirley on 0407 253 191 or Elizabeth on 0408 682 968.
The Emmagool Church in August 2018 in preparation for re-painting. PHOTOS: CONTRIBUTED
Don and Val Wright on their wedding day in 1957 – the first wedding at the Emmagool Church. The Emmagool Church in 1928