Gal­ston Ru­ral Fire Bri­gade News

Galston, Glenorie and Hills Rural News - - Nsw Rural Fire Service Reports - By Kara Dubois

Pile burns

If you are plan­ning a pile burn soon and are un­sure over the rules, as a re­minder per­mits for pile burns are re­quired ALL year-round.

Please make sure you con­tact your ap­pro­pri­ate coun­cil for ad­vice on a per­mit. NSW RFS Fire Con­trol and your neigh­bours must also be no­ti­fied, and piles must ad­here to the ap­proved stan­dards.

Also, note that dur­ing the ‘Bush fire Dan­ger Pe­riod’ your lo­cal Ru­ral Fire Bri­gade may also need to in­spect the pile be­fore a per­mit is is­sued.

Hills res­i­dents need to con­tact The Hills District Ru­ral Fire Ser­vice di­rectly on 9654 1244 for in­for­ma­tion on how to ob­tain a fire per­mit.

Hornsby res­i­dents can con­tact Hornsby Coun­cil on 9847 6853 for in­for­ma­tion, ad­vice, and to ap­ply for a per­mit. The coun­cil will help guide you through the process of ap­proval and li­aise with the Ru­ral Fire Ser­vice on your be­half.

Haz­ard Re­duc­tion Sea­son

The cooler weather pro­vides bet­ter con­di­tions to per­form haz­ard re­duc­tions. A haz­ard re­duc­tion may use a con­trolled burn as one way of pre­par­ing for fu­ture bush fires.

While haz­ard re­duc­tion burn­ing is strate­gi­cally planned to min­imise the po­ten­tial im­pact of smoke on pub­lic health, some mem­bers of the com­mu­nity may need to take ac­tion to mit­i­gate the risks of smoke from haz­ard re­duc­tion burn­ing by plan­ning ahead.

You can get up­dated in­for­ma­tion on where and when haz­ard re­duc­tion burns will be tak­ing place by go­ing and se­lect­ing the ‘Fire In­for­ma­tion’ tab.

Bri­gade Con­tact De­tails: Duty mo­bile: 0491 119 152 Email: info@gal­ston­

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Australia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.