Inside Out (Australia)
500ml (2 cups) salt-reduced vegetable stock 145g (¾ cup) polenta 20g (¼ cup) finely grated parmesan
1. Preheat oven to 160°C (fan forced). Lightly grease a 4cm-deep, 24cm-diameter (base measurement) fluted tart tin with removable base. Place on a baking tray.
2. For the crust, place stock in a saucepan and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Gradually add polenta in a thin, steady stream, whisking constantly until combined. Cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes or until thick and coming away from side of pan. Remove from heat. Stir in the parmesan. Season.
3. Spoon polenta into the prepared tin. Working quickly, use the back of a spoon to spread the mixture to cover base and side. Use fingers to press firmly, creating a 5mm-1cm-thick crust. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
4. Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan over low heat. Add leek. Cook, stirring, for 7-8 minutes or until slightly caramelised. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Set aside.
5. Place asparagus and peas in a steamer basket over a saucepan of simmering water. Cover. Steam for 1-2 minutes or until tender crisp. Refresh under cold running water. Drain. Sprinkle tart shell with leek and peas. Arrange asparagus on top.
6. Whisk eggs, ricotta, milk, chives, parsley and half the parmesan in a bowl. Pour over vegetables. Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until set. Sprinkle with baby herbs, if using.