Kyabram Free Press
President Mrs Ann Roberts welcomed 14 members to the September meeting, where all COVID-19 regulations were adhered to. It was great to be back to enjoy the company of others.
A report on the State Creative Arts Exhibition revealed GV West Group won the Presentation Award for the Home Industries entry. Some 1400 entries were received overall and made a beautiful display in the lovely Ararat Town Hall. Fortunately, the latest lockdown came at 1pm Saturday – doors normally close 4pm.
The 2022 exhibition is to be held at Tallangatta, with the date yet to be set.
• State Conference 2022 to be held in Shepparton. Dates and venue to be announced.
• Branch craft planned for Wednesday, October 13 at 10am if restrictions allow. It was suggested to make Christmas tree decorations for use on Allan St trees.
• International officer Lyn Fraser showed some Aboriginal musical items before showing the Didgeridoo being played with other instruments via ipad.
• Welfare Officer Carol Tuhan has been delivering cards and best wishes to those on the sick list.
• Next date to sell Safeway raffle tickets is to be Thursday, October 14. First prize to be a grocery hamper. Six ladies have been rostered on duty.
• Wednesday, December 8, has been chosen for our Christmas Dinner to be enjoyed at Jen’s Fine Food.
• Following discussion, members unanimously decided to refrain from entering in the Craft and Cookery sections at the Kyabram Show. Public attendance will not be permitted.
• Group Craft to be hosted by the Mooroopna branch at Tatura Community House and is planned for 9am on Wednesday, October 20, COVID permitting. $4 kits for a
OVERSEAS COINS AND USED STAMPS ARE REQUIRED FOR ASSOCIATED COUNTRY WOMEN OF THE WORLD.
small cross stitch suitable for cards/hanging will be available or BYO UFOS.
• A Friendship Day or final Group Craft day for Wednesday, November 17, at Harston Hall is being planned in lieu of many missed Craft Days. It was suggested craft in the morning, lunch, before possibly a “fun” afternoon. Survey of ideas will be returned to the GP in order to draw up a format.
• Overseas coins and used stamps are required for Associated Country Women of the World. Monies from sales of the above will be sent to the South Pacific area to assist with various projects.
• Festival of Gardens, which was to be held statewide, has been cancelled in the Shepparton area.
Nominations for office bearers took place and all positions were filled in preparation for the AGM to be held at 1.30pm on Wednesday, October 27, when group president Barbara and group secretary Jenny will be in attendance. A written report from office bearers, one spray each and small plate for afternoon tea is required please.
Competitions: Bloom - 1st L Fraser, 2nd B Berner; Fridge magnet and its story - 1st M Pearce, 2nd A Roberts.
A warm welcome is extended to any interested person who would like to join our wonderful organisation.
Inquiries to president Ann Roberts 5852 2865 or secretary Doreen Napier 5852 2597 or 0400 543 394.