Ladies Beware – Safety Must Read
Everyone should take five minutes to consider these very important tips.
It may save your life or a loved one’s life. In daylight hours, refresh yourself of these things to do in an emergency. This is for you, and for you to share with your wife/husband/children/friends and everyone you know. Please share this information your friends and colleagues. It never hurts to be careful in this crazy world we live in.
1. A tip from Tae Kwon Do: The elbow is the strongest point on your body. IF YOU ARE CLOSE ENOUGH TO USE IT, DO USE IT!
2. I learned this from a Tourist Guide. If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM/HER. Toss it away from you. Chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or purse than you, and he will go for the wallet/purse. RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!
3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back-tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. THE DRIVER WON’T SEE YOU, BUT SOMEONE ELSE WILL!
4. Some people tend to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit there doing their cheque book or making a list, etc. DON’T DO THIS! The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, maybe putting a gun to your head and telling you to drive. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR, LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE!
If someone is in the car with a gun to your head DO NOT DRIVE OFF, repeat: DO NOT DRIVE OFF! Instead gun the engine and speed into anything, wrecking the car. Your Air Bag will save you. If the person is in the back seat they will get the worst of it. As soon as the car crashes bail out and run. It is better than having them find your body in a remote location.
5. A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot, or parking garage: (a) Be aware: look around you, investigate your car, at the passenger side floor and in the back seat. (b) If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door. Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into their vans while the women are attempting to get into their cars. (c) Look at the car parked on the driver’s side of your vehicle, and the passenger side.
If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the Shopping Mall, or your work, and have a Guard/ Policeman/colleague to walk you out. IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. (It’s better to be paranoid than dead.)
6. ALWAYS take an elevator/lift instead of the stairs. Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot. This is especially TRUE at NIGHT!
7. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, ALWAYS RUN! The predator will only hit you (a moving target) 4 in 100 times; and even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN, Preferably in a ZIG-ZAG pattern!
8. As people, we are always trying to be sympathetic: STOP! It may get you injured or killed. Ted Bundy a serial killer, was a goodlooking, well-educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting people. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked FOR HELP into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.
9. Another Safety Point: Someone recently told me that a they heard a crying baby on their porch at night before, so they called the police because it was late, and they thought it was weird. The police told them WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR! They then said that it sounded like the baby had crawled near a window, and she was worried that it would crawl to the street and Be run over. The policeman said, “We already have a unit on the way, whatever you do, DO NOT open the door.” He told them that they think a serial killer has a baby’s cry recorded and uses it to coax people out of their homes thinking that someone dropped off a baby. He said they have not verified it but have had several calls by people saying that they sometimes hear cries outside their doors when they’re home alone at night.
10. Water scam! If you wake up in the middle of the night to hear all your taps outside running or what you think is a burst pipe, DO NOT GO OUT TO INVESTIGATE! These people turn on all your outside taps full blast so that you will go out to investigate and then they attack.
STAY ALERT, KEEP SAFE, WHILE ALSO LOOKING OUT FOR YOUR NEIGHBOURS!