1. The circumference of Uluru (Ayers Rock) is (a) 1.4km (b) 5.4km (c) 9.4km?
2. The Shannon River is the longest river in which country?
3. The next Ashes Test cricket series will begin in (a) 2017 (b) 2019 (c) 2021?
4. The collection of ancient Greek sculptures, known as the Elgin marbles, are displayed in the Duveen Gallery in which British museum?
5. DCNS, a French shipbuilder, was recently awarded the contract to build submarines in which Australian state capital?
6. Which 60 Minutes reporter was recently jailed in Beirut after a botched child recovery attempt?
7. Who was the Father of the House of Representatives from 1998 to 2016?
8. The Sydney Riot of 1879 was sparked by a controversial decision during a match in which sport?
9. “I gave a letter to the postman. He put it in his sack,” are lyrics from which song?
10. The two eldest children of which US inventor were nicknamed “Dot” and “Dash”?
11. “It was an Oscar-winning performance. He should have been at the World Cup for soccer,” said Mal Meninga claiming that which Titans and New South Wales enforcer faked an injury in a 2014 State of Origin game?
12. The term for a female cat is (a) duchess (b) empress (c) queen?
13. Which anniversary of the Chernobyl nuclear accident was recently commemorated (a) 10th (b) 20th (c) 30th?
14. Australian sisters Caroline and Carmen Marton will compete in which event at the Rio Olympics (a) hockey (b) swimming (c) taekwondo?
15. Which prime minister spearheaded tougher gun laws after the 1996 Port Arthur massacre?
16. In which century did the French Revolution occur?
17. Who was recently named as the AC/DC replacement frontman for Brian Johnson?
18. Since 2013, which Channel 7 presenter has been the president of the Port Adelaide AFL club?
19. The Indian government recently said it would be pressing Britain for the return of which iconic diamond?
20. What was the term for the excess stockpile of butter produced by European farmers during the 1980s?
21. Name the two Washington Post journalists noted for exposing the Watergate scandal.
22. Which Florida city was named in honour of the Australian state capital where its first postmaster had lived?
23. Who was the most recent Australian to win the Olympic men’s 100m freestyle?
24. Name the two deputy prime ministers during Paul Keating’s prime ministership.
25. An inscription from which book of The Bible appears on the iconic Liberty Bell in Philadelphia?