1. Is the black widow a species of snake or spider?
2. Which breed of dog is nicknamed a “sausage dog”?
3. Australia’s Mina Guli, 45, recently ran seven marathons across seven deserts over seven weeks on how many continents (a) three (b) five (c) seven?
4. The Cannes Film Festival was founded in (a) 1946 (b) 1976 (c) 2006?
5. Are there more islands in the Atlantic or Pacific ocean? 6. Name the 15th century French heroine canonised in 1920.
7. “Goodbye from the world’s biggest polluter” said who when farewelling his fellow world leaders at the G8 meeting in Japan in 2008?
8. During the 2016 French Open tennis titles, which Australian was given a code violation for yelling “towel” at a ballboy?
9. “It’s only love and that is all. Why should I feel the way I do?” are lyrics from which song?
10. Which fast food giant was founded as a barbecue restaurant in 1940?
11. On The Footy Show recently, Paul Vautin, “on behalf of the network”, issued an apology to which Melbourne Storm star over a 60 Minutes story?
12. Was notorious drug lord Pablo Escobar Colombian or Mexican?
13. Who played James Bond in the 2008 movie Quantum of Solace?
14. Golf star Tiger Woods was a student at which university for two years (a) Harvard (b) Stanford (c) Yale?
15. A US presidential term lasts for how many years?
16. Which US presidential candidate did Bill Shorten recently describe as “barking mad”?
17. In which recent movie did Alice follow a butterfly and travel through a mirror to Wonderland?
18. Which former coach of the Australian cricket team was recently appointed Pakistan coach?
19. From 1908 to 1960 what was the colonial name of the Democratic Republic of the Congo?
20. Kynuna is in which Australian state/territory?
21. In 1776, Captain James Cook, prior to his fatal voyage to the Pacific Ocean, handpicked which future New South Wales governor as sailing master of the Resolution?
22. What is the name of the Twitter bird mascot?
23. In which 2008 movie did Marisa Tomei play a stripper who is too old for her job?
24. Dying recently at the age of 82 was which Australian athlete, noted for breaking the mile world record by over a second in 1958 and still coming second to Herb Elliott?
25. Beginning with “d”, what is the term for the instrument used for measuring dew?